TestimonialsOur customers share how our Home Improvement Loan changed their lives and helped turn their dreams into a reality. This just shows how much of an impact a Real People Home Improvement Loan can have on families today. Here are some of their success stories:
- I used my loan to put a roof on my house and would like to finally complete and finish building my home.
Mr. Thusi, Sweetwaters, Pietermaritzburg
- The Real People Home Improvement Loan enabled me to purchase hardware material from a local hardware store in Howick to fully fence and secure my property as well as build a round room as an extra dwelling area.
Mr. Mhlongo, Emafakathini Reserve, Howick
- I am the only bread winner in my house and live with my mum and two brothers. My mum’s dream was always to extend the house and have an extra bedroom. I accomplished this by taking out a Real People home improvement loan from Asongeni Buildit store.
Ms Maggy Tshabalala, Bushbuckridge
- I received a loan for R30 000 from Real People in May 2011 and am paying a monthly repayment of R2 020 per month, which is affordable for me. I have not yet missed a monthly repayment. With this I am busy building a rondavel and have also bought a grass cutter with some of the loan money so that I can make an extra income by trimming my neighbours’ gardens. I even put up a fence around my yard for security purposes with the loan money.
Mr Lawrence Mhlongo
- I received a loan of R23 000 from Real People to supplement my personal savings of R61 000 to build myself a new house. I started this project in September 2011 and although it is not finished, the house is habitable and only needs some finishing cosmetic touches. I am building a three bedroom house, which was previously a BNG house. The BNG house was too small and was badly built, so I decided to demolish it. I used a local builder who was very affordable for me. I can comfortably afford my repayment of R1 486 per month.
Ms Thembani Mngadi
- I work as a driver in Secunda and my family resides in the Motheo District. I have a family of seven: four children, two grandchildren and my wife. My wife is a hawker and my oldest son is 29 years of age and is unemployed. I visit my family on a monthly basis. I borrowed R36, 236 in May 2010 payable over 36 months from Real People to purchase building materials at Built It Thaba ‘Nchu to extend the current family home. They live in a two bedroom house.
Mr. Jeremane Kaizer Motshepe, Ratau Extension, (Motheo District Municipality)
- I am a 34 year old married father of a two year old boy from Selosesha Unit 1 in Thaba ‘Nchu came from Kroonstad and now lives with his wife and son. I borrowed R40, 000 over 36 months from Real People. After paying off the initial R15 000 loan I am using some of my savings to incrementally build my house. I am building a three bedroomed house with a kitchen, study, dining room and double garage. He bought the material from the Build It store in Thaba ‘Nchu.
Mr Molefi Thatjane, Selosetsha, Unit 1 Thaba ‘Nchu (Motheo District Municipality)